Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Injuries are Bound to Happen!

,
It's a fact of exercising life that injuries are bound to happen at some point. I didn't expect any to happen this early, perhaps I need to explain myself. Lately I have felt like I have a little spring in my step. I have limited time to get "chores" done at home and raced upstairs to my bedroom to put something away and while I was racing down I caught my toe in the cuff of my capris. Without going into the pathetic details, I will just say that it didn't end pretty. I landed full force on the side of my foot. My foot immediately began to swell and become bruised. My entire half-marathon dreams flashed before me. It is painful, but I can walk on it. Training will continue and I will be a bit more mindful that the spring in my step isn't as springy as I thought!

xoxo, Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment