Sunday, September 9, 2012

Because I Can!



Today started out rough! Everything my family did or said got on my very last nerve! It wasn't a pretty sight! I was craving diet coke and chocolate chip cookies. I was doing everything I could not to give in and binge on food that I would later regret. I decided that I would eat my lunch (turkey and cheese sandwich) and do a bit of laundry and head out for a bit of exercise. I got my sneaks on and gave my family the warning that I was going out for a bit. I started my running app and headed out. I started out on my usual route and came up to a road and decided to take it. I had an idea where it went, but had no clue on the milage or how hilly it would be. The further I got the more excited I got that I am really training for a half-marathon. I am really doing it! As I was walking and jogging (and looking at the hills) there were so many times that I just wanted to turn around and go back to my flat course that I am used to. After all, Walt Disney World is flat, so why would I need to train on hilly area, right? Everytime I was just about to give up I would glance at my wrist and see my braclets. One of my bracelets is an Orange Emergy Armor bracelet in support of a little boy named Kyle who is fighting the most courageous battle of his life and the other is a purple bracelet in support of the Epilepsy Foundation. For those who don't know, my 5 month old daughter, Katherine is fighting a mighty battle of her own with epilepsy. Whenever I caught a glimpse of my bracelets I knew that I had to choice but to press on, as the two precious ones that I wear them for have no choice! I finally rounded the corner to the road that I live on and was feeling great. I looked down and saw that I had just complete 5.09 miles! WOW! I got a little teary thinking that not only CAN I do this.... I AM doing this!

xoxo, Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment